Strategic Land Specialists
Based in Tetbury, Gloucestershire, we are a privately owned independent land agency operating across the South West of England, specialising in the acquisition and disposal of residential development land with a particular focus on strategic land.
Andrew is a professional member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. His areas of specialisation include identifying and selecting future development land with the highest potential for planning success.
He is an experienced and impartial property professional with a track record of 16 years working in both property advisory services and client-side residential acquisition in the South West of England covering a wide range of property types, issues and geographical area.
Prior to establishing Andrew Scott Land & Property, Andrew held the position of Regional Land Director for the South West of England for one of the country’s leading land promoters, Gladman Developments.
Prior to that Andrew worked at the Bristol Division of Barratt Homes where he was responsible for acquiring immediate and strategic land, the disposal of affordable housing to Registered Providers, and latterly managing the strategic land business. He originally trained and qualified as a Chartered Surveyor at BNP Paribas Real Estate spending 10 years disposing and acquiring a wide variety of residential and commercial development opportunities on behalf of public, private and corporate clients, additionally working alongside Receivers advising and implementing strategy for the disposal of distressed property.
With invaluable experience as an Agent, Housebuilder and Promoter Andrew carries an exceptional understanding and breadth of knowledge of residential development, level of tenacity and passion for deal making.
When acquiring, our core aim is to help our trusted housebuilder and land promoter clients spend less time looking for land and more time buying and delivering it.
We work with landowners, planners, solicitors, housebuilders, specialist housing promoters and the public sector to identify, promote and deliver residential-led initiatives for strategic land.
Our role often begins with the identification of housing need, directions for growth and identification and assessment of individual strategic land opportunities. From this point, we then advise on initial technical and planning due diligence, including identification of technical constraints, planning history and prospects, advice in respect of land values and land assembly where required. We provide advice in all aspects of disposal including immediate outright sale, subject to planning contracts and negotiation of option / promotion / and hybrid agreement structures ensuring best value for our clients.
- Identifying broad areas of search with the potential for growth and development.
- Site finding searches involving the identification and selection of future development land with the highest potential for planning success.
- Initial technical and planning due diligence, including identification of technical constraints, planning history and prospects, and advice in respect of land values and potential returns.
- Advice and guidance on financial and commercial terms, Heads of Terms preparation, and negotiation of a variety of contract types (outright Sale and Purchase Agreement, Conditional Contract, Option Agreement, Promotion Agreement, Hybrid Agreement, Joint Venture and Overage).
- Identifying the right partner dependent on our client’s bespoke needs. Private or institutional Investor / Speculator / Promoter / Housebuilder / Pursue your own Planning Permission.
- Right Approach and Strategy – Short, Medium or Long Term, Consultative, Combative.
- Identifying the scope of supporting information necessary to promote a site.
- Marketing and disposal advice. Marketing Strategy, Brochure & Data Room, Technical Meeting, Bid Process, Interviews, Negotiations through to Completion and onward Value Sharing Arrangements.
- Preparing sites for sale involving the tendering and management of baseline technical surveys.
- Advising about technical, appraisal, planning and legal matters in a consultancy and agency capacity.
- Advice and guidance on financial and commercial terms, Heads of Terms preparation, and negotiation of a variety of contract types (outright Sale and Purchase Agreement, Conditional Contract, Option Agreement, Promotion Agreement, Hybrid Agreement and Overage).
We act on behalf of retained clients who pride themselves on being able to reach quick and informed decisions on potential new projects, seeking land and buildings where they can release development potential for predominantly residential uses.
Our developer and housing promoter clients seek land varyingly on an unconditional freehold basis, subject to planning or with transparent profit-sharing arrangements for land with future development potential e.g. via Promotion Agreement or Option Agreement.
Our clients typically seek the following types of opportunity:
Associated Companies & Organisations
If you have land or property to sell or require any of our specialist services please contact us for a free informal discussion:
07827 955 762